Early Voting is underway for the California Primary Election and the last day of voting (June 7) is just days away!
We are so excited to elect an unprecedented group of climate champions to the Senate, Assembly, and Congress with you. You can review our endorsed candidates here.
This is a landmark year for voting in California, as permanent, universal mail-in voting was passed by Governor Newsom last fall. Here is a breakdown of everything you need to know to make sure you vote by June 7:
California voters should have already received your ballots and returned it by mail. You can check your ballot status here.
If you have received your ballot and not yet returned it, you still have time to return your ballot by mail.
How to vote by mail
- Complete your ballot.
- Securely seal ballot in official return envelope.
- Sign and date official return envelope before submitting ballot.
Your vote-by-mail ballot must be postmarked by June 7 and received by your county elections office by June 14. If you are concerned about your ballot being delivered in time, you can submit your ballot in person by:
- Delivering it in person to any polling place in the state on Election Day between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. Find a polling location near you HERE.
- Dropping your ballot at a designated drop-off location or into a ballot drop box within the state by 8PM on Election Day. Find a ballot drop-off location HERE.
- Authorizing someone else to return your ballot on your behalf. If you are not able to personally drop off your ballot, you can authorize another individual to do so for you. They cannot be paid on a per-ballot basis to submit your ballot. You will find said authorization on the outside of your official ballot envelope.
What if you want to skip voting by mail and vote in person?
Bring the ballot you received by mail with you to your polling location any time between 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Primary Election Day, June 7, 2022. You can find your polling location HERE. You must have your mail-in ballot with you so it can be voided before you vote.
Early Vote in Person is available for 10 DAYS prior to Election Day in California’s Voters Choice Act Counties. Voters in these counties can vote in person starting May 28 every day until June 6.
Thank you so much for being not just a voter but a voter who knows environmental justice must be a clear priority for our legislators. We have an enormous amount of work ahead of us, but we at EnviroVoters are inspired to know that you are here with us every step of the way.
See you at the polls!