November 11, 2011
Contact: Jenesse Miller, CLCV – 510.844.0235
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (November 11, 2011) – The California League of Conservation Voters (CLCV) – the political arm of the state’s environmental movement – today announced the first annual meeting in Los Angeles of its Green Advisory Council. The Council is comprised of influential environmental leaders drawn from California’s business, labor, government and other sectors.
‘We’re thrilled to recognize publicly the members of CLCV’s Green Advisory Council and host them at the Council’s first annual meeting,” said Wendy Mitchell, Council Chair and CLCV Board member. “Council members generously provide their diverse skills and support to CLCV in service of California’s environment, public health and clean energy economy.”
The Green Advisory Council provides advice in many areas of CLCV’s work, including political and legislative priorities, communications planning, and development efforts. Responsibilities of members include attendance at meetings, assisting with fundraising efforts, advising CLCV on programs at its annual meeting and serving as ambassadors for CLCV in California’s many business, labor, and political communities. Council members serve for a two-year term.
“California’s environment will be well served by our Green Advisory Council’s expertise and creativity as CLCV enters the pivotal 2012 election season and works to elect an environmental majority to the state legislature,” said Rick Zbur, Chair of CLCV’s Board of Directors.
CLCV Green Advisory Council Members
- Becki Ames, Chief of Staff to Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster
- Preston Brooks, Partner, Cox, Castle & Nicholson
- Todd Campbell, Director of Public Policy, Clean Energy
- Glen Dake, Landscape Architect, GDML
- Estela de Llanos Carlson, Senior Environmental Counsel, Sempra Energy
- Tal Finney, Attorney, Dongell Lawrence Finney LLP
- Doug Goldman, President, Goldman Environmental Foundation, presenters of the Goldman Environmental Prize
- Victor Griego, President, Diverse Strategies for Organizing
- Sharon Keyser, Senior Vice President of Real Estate, Government & Community Relations, Paramount Pictures
- Stephen Matloff, Sustainable Building Contractor
- Megan Norris, Organizer, Sierra Club California
- Wendy Pulling, Director of Conservation Programs, The Nature Conservancy
- Thomas Safran, Chairman, Thomas Safran & Associates
- Nancy Stephens, Board of Trustees, Union of Concerned Scientists
- Daniel Yost, Partner, Orrick, Harrington & Sutcliffe LLP
About the California League of Conservation Voters
ABOUT CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL VOTERS
California Environmental Voters (formerly the California League of Conservation Voters) believes the climate crisis is here and this moment requires transformative change. California has the policy solutions to stop climate change but lacks the political will to do it at the rate and scale that’s necessary. EnviroVoters exists to build the political power to solve the climate crisis, advance justice, and create a roadmap for global action. We organize voters, elect and train candidates, and hold lawmakers accountable for bold policy change. We won’t stop until we have resilient, healthy, thriving communities, and a democracy and economy that is just and sustainable for all. Join us at www.envirovoters.org and on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. See more press releases.